SCRIPTAGE 6: THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY!

I'm gonna do this next Scriptage in two parts and show an entire short story. I wrote this short piece a couple of months ago and I'm still trying to decide what to do with it. I have little inventory of shorts that I may put together as an anthology or I will use this to submit to an existing one. It's a horror story with zombies, schoolgirls, and a trucker. So I will just cut to the action now, enjoy this first part!

DAMNED IF YOU DO…

PG01

1.1:
In a dead forest a casket sits next to an opened grave. A dead man's body sits next to that; but we can't see his head from this angle. Rain is forcefully pouring down on everything.

CAP (1): I'VE AWAKENED TO WORSE NIGHTMARES.
CAP (2): BUT THIS ONE IS DIFFERENT.

1.2: The casket swings open violently, and a scream escapes.

CAP (1): NOT THE NIGHTMARE, BUT THE AWAKENING.
CAP (2): I CAN'T SEE A THING.
GIRL: NOOO!!!

1.3: A girl suddenly gets up out of the coffin; she looks shaken and confused as the rain comes down onto her.

CAP: MAYBE THAT WAS A GOOD THING.

1.4: She gets up and steps out of the casket. She's donned in full schoolgirl regalia.

CAP: MAYBE I SHOULD GO BACK TO SLEEP.

PG02

2.1:
She slips and falls half onto the body, half into mud.

CAP: ONLY I DON'T THINK I CAN.

2.2: She quickly and frantically gets to her knees.

CAP: OHFUCKOHFUCK!

2.3: Terrified, she turns the dead guy around slowly.

2.4: Close up of the guy's head, his brains (what's left of them) fall out of his head, and a look of shear horror is stuck on his face.

2.5: She pukes.

PG03

3.1:
An off panel voice turns her around, puke on her chin, wild look in her eyes.

VOICE: MIGHT AS WELL GET IT ALL OUT NOW, HUH?

3.2: Another schoolgirl is kneeling in front of her in the mud, a smoking gun in her hand. Her hair covers her face and you can tell there is blood pouring down from around her shoulder. It's really coming down.

GIRL2: IT'S NOT LIKE YOU'RE GONNA NEED IT ANYMORE, SARA.

3.3: She looks up at her, she's pale and dead looking already, but curiously she looks a lot like our main girl, who we now know as Sara. A massive chunk of her trapeze muscle is gone, and blood and puss is bubbling and pouring out of it.

GIRL2 (1): YOU WERE DEAD THE MOMENT YOU CAME OUT OF THAT COFFIN. SHOULD'VE STAYED THERE MYSELF, WAITED THIS WHOLE GODDAMNED CRAP THROUGH.
GIRL2 (2): THERE ARE WORSE THINGS IN THIS WORLD THAN DYING.

3.4: She puts the gun to her head and smiles, but her eyes are shaking with tears.

GIRL2: I GUESS THE JOKES ON ME.

3.5: She blows her brains out, but oddly she looks at peace.

SFX: BLAM!

PG04

4.1:
Sara looks down at the dead girl. She's in a state of shock

CAP: THIS MUST BE SHOCK, BECAUSE I CAN'T FEEL ANYTHING.

4.2: She picks up the gun covered in mud, and looks at it with curiosity.

CAP: BUT SOMEHOW I KNOW THAT THIS THING WILL BE IMPORTANT TO ME.

4.3: She shakily stands back up. Behind her through the rain we see multiple silhouettes.

CAP: SOONER THAN LATER…
VOICE: UGH…

4.4: She turns around quickly pointing the gun.

4.5: Close in on her face, giving an incredulous look.

CAP: OH.

PG05

5.1:
Large panel taking about 3/4 of the page, as she is confronted by a horde of the nastiest zombies ever.

CAP: I GUESS RIGHT NOW. SOMEHOW THOUGH THIS DOESN'T SEEM STRANGE TO ME.

5.2: She starts to fire away at them. She seems very pro as the first two shots both hit zombie heads, which explode on impact!

CAP: BUT I'M CONVINCING MYSELF THAT I'M EITHER STILL IN SHOCK OR IN THE NIGHTMARE.
SFX: BAM!BAM!BAM!BAM!