SCRIPTAGE 2: THE WRATH OF KHAN!

Ok, I'm back after a long day of working the day job to post the new feature of my blog that made me nervous last week: SCRIPTAGE. If you forgot, this is where I embarrass myself and show you some of my script samples. Yay!

For this installment, I've taken a 2 page short (I called these deleted scenes in the book) from The Adventures of Bio Boy #3, which is sitting in a nice folder on my desktop waiting for it's moment. (and on a side note, just so you know, The Adventures of Bio Boy will most certainly be back!) The Adventures of Bio Boy is about a boy and his robotic arm, N16, starring in the universe's greatest game show, where the contestants try to kill BB with insano challenges!

This script is abit different than the Vapor page I showed last time out. There, I was a lot more descriptive as I was introducing the characters for the first time, and I wanted to convey to Jok as much as I could without getting in the way. Here, my artist, Chris Brimacombe, knew the characters he was dealing with very well and no real explanation was needed. (I did touch this up a tad to make a little more sense though) So, maybe it'll be interesting to you to see another version of the way I write. Let me know!

BIO BOY DELETED SCENE:
SLIME TIME!


PAGE 1

1.1:
On the set of the currently airing show, our host Barton Colgate asks Granny Neuhaus what her next challenge will be for Bio Boy!

BARTON: SO WHAT WILL IT BE, MS. NEUHAUS?
GRANNY: WEEELL, I WAS THINKING ABOUT MY LIVER SPOTS EARLIER AND HOW I SHOULD GET SOME LIVER LEETCHES TO REMOVE THEM AND I THOUGHT 'HOW GREAT WOULD IT BE IF BIO BOY WENT AND GOT THEM FOR ME?' SO, MR. COLGATE, THAT IS MY CHALLENGE.

1.2: Close up. Granny grabs and screams into the camera uncharacteristically.

GRANNY: GO GRAB ME SOME LEETCHES, KID! I AIN'T GETTING' ANY YOUNGER, Y'HEAR?

1.3: Bio Boy (N16 attached) gets dropped into some swamp water, alien animals scurry away. Big splash!

BIO BOY: INCOMING!

1.4: Getting up all filthy BB checks out his surroundings. N16 surveys the area as well.

BB (1):
OH NO, NOT SLOPPY JOE AGAIN!
N16: NOPE, WE GOTTA GET SOME LIVER LEETCHES. UGH.
BB (2): HUH, OK, BETTER WE SEPARATE TO LOOK FOR 'EM THEN.

1.5: N16 transforms off of BB.

N16: FINE, LET'S GET THIS OVER WITH, THE CLONE THAT ATE ROSEANNE IS ON TONIGHT!

PAGE 2

2.1:
They both turn around startled by a loud noise.

SFX: SCHOOOORLP!
N16: WHAT THE?!

2.2: Dozens of large liver leetches come flying from every direction attaching themselves to BB and N16 splattering gooey slime all over them and everything else.

N16: MY NEW COAT!

2.3: Back on the show, Barton whispers at Cameron (the camera director) who shrugs. Barton has a classic movie actor face on this one.

BARTON: ARE WE KEEPING THAT?

2.4: Granny does a little rump shaking dance, which grosses out fellow contestants Jet Monkey and Citrick Bloos.

GRANNY: THAT'S RIGHT, BABY! BRING IT HOME TO MOMMA!

2.5: Back to wide-eyed Barton and Cameron.

CAMERON: I'M GOING OUT ON A LIMB, MON, AND SAY NO.

END.