NEWS AND NOTES

-In the past week I've received Jok's covers for Vengeance of the Vapor 2-4 and let me tell you they are insane! Also, there will be variant covers for each of these issues with the second cover variant being drawn by Starship Troopers' Chris Dibari!

-Markosia is doing Kong! There may be further cool news surrounding this project soon...

-Two of my most anticipated movies come out in the next two weeks, Zodiac and 300! First Zodiac directed by one of my favorites David Fincher. His track record is perfecto so far: Alien3, Seven, The Game, Fight Club, and Panic Room, so I'm hoping he continues his streak. As for 300, well you already know how I feel about it and if not let me once again point you to this review.

-I'm sad to say I really didn't care for Sergio Leone's Duck, You Sucker! There are just to many "What? Huh?! moments". I mean there are some great moments as well and James Coburn and Rod Steiger are both very good, but all in all I have to say this is my least favorite of the Leones so far. (I've yet to see Once Upon a Time in America.)

-My Netflix has been upgraded to include a Watch Now feature where I can view 10 hours of extra movies on my computer. This is very cool and it just makes Netflix even better than I felt it was. If you don't have the service and love movies I suggest you check it out. (no I don't work for them!)

-The Oscars were pretty fun last night, and I had my share of tear jerking moments. I'm very happy that Scorese won. Also it was fun to see Gore up there getting an award sorta. And Morricone's speech was beautiful. Oh and Forest Whitaker's speech hit me right in the heart.

-Yankees Spring Training update: Bobby Abreau is out for two weeks with a strained oblique muscle and Carl Pavano has a bone bruise on his foot. Oy!

That's the news and I am outta here!